MICHIGAN RANKS AMONG THE WORST IN THE NATION
FOR SEX SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING.
Every dollar will make a difference. Money is time. Funds raised by Love Runs will shorten the time impacted children are at-risk, and victims can be rescued and restored.
WHAT YOUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS
Safe housing, victim services, building and increasing capacity for adult victims, expanding street outreach in Detroit and educational and vocational training are just some of the initiatives that Love Runs will be funding.
Human trafficking is not just a global issue; it’s also a local issue. That’s why all dollars raised by Love Runs will stay in Metro Detroit.
All donations are tax deductable.
STEP 1 - Create Your Fundraising Page
Sign up for the Love Runs team and create your fundraising page:
- Go to the Love Runs Fundraiser Page.
- Click on “Start fundraising.” Create new account using Facebook, Google, or an email address.
- Already have an account? Log in.
- Click on “fundraise” for the Detroit Marathon 2023.
- Click on the pencil icon on DAYS TO GO and change date to Nov 1, 2023. Then personalize your page. Add photos/video, and a story about why you’re passionate about this cause.
- Scroll down and choose “Looks good, make it live.”
- Congrats! You did it! Now share, share, share!
5K | Half Marathon | Full Marathon
Sign up and register at the Detroit Marathon’s official site: FreepMarathon.com/register
- Click on ‘Click Here to Register’
- On the pop out (International Waiver), click “I Accept”
- Select your race and complete registration.
- It will ask you to Select a charity to fundraise for. Choose ‘Love Runs’ from the dropdown menu.
- The next page is the Event Merchandise page. Skip it and click the orange Continue tab.
- Click Checkout and submit your order.
- Now take a deep breath. You did it!
STEP 3 - Get Your Training On
Click your race to download the Official Training Plan. Training begins on June 12.
- Full Marathon – New Runner/Walker
- Full Marathon – Experienced Runner/Walker
- Full Marathon – Advanced Runner/Walker
*The cost of Housing, medical and psychological care will vary greatly depending on the location and condition of the victim. For every equation we don’t know, what we do know is that every life matters and every dollar makes a difference. Whether it takes you 360 minutes to run a marathon, or just 3 minutes to make a donation, you can make a difference to end modern-day slavery.
BE BOLD. COMMIT TO RAISING $1440.
1440 – that’s not only the amount of dollars Love Run’s challenges its runners to raise to fight human trafficking; it’s the number of minutes in every day that a victim is enslaved, and the same number of minutes we are free. Human trafficking is such a complex problem it does not lend itself to easy equations. While most victims face similar challenges, each victim’s rescue and restoration is unique.