MICHIGAN RANKS AMONG THE WORST IN THE NATION
FOR SEX SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING.
Every dollar will make a difference. Money is time. Funds raised by Love Runs will shorten the time impacted children are at-risk, and victims can be rescued and restored.
WHAT YOUR MONEY IS GOING TOWARDS
Safe housing, victim services, building and increasing capacity for adult victims, expanding street outreach in Detroit and educational and vocational training are just some of the initiatives that Love Runs will be funding.
Human trafficking is not just a global issue; it’s also a local issue. That’s why all dollars raised by Love Runs will stay in Metro Detroit.
All donations are tax deductable.
STEP 1 - Create Your Fundraiser
Sign up for the Love Runs team and create your fundraising page:
- Go to this page
- Click ‘Join Us’ to set up your member profile and donation page
- Click ‘Register Today’ and follow the prompts. Success! You did it.
- Go to your Dashboard to edit your page and utilize the social messaging tools to share your fundraiser with friends and family
Sign up and register at the Detroit Marathon’s official site: Freepmarathon.com/register
- Click on ‘Click Here to Register’
- On the pop out (International Waiver), click “I Accept”
- Select your race and complete registration
- It will ask you to Select a charity to fundraise for. Choose ‘Love Runs’ from the dropdown menu.
- The next page is the Event Merchandise page. Skip it and click the orange Continue tab.
- Click Checkout and submit your order
- Now take a deep breath. You did it!
STEP 3 - Get Connected
Download a copy of the Official Training Plan.
*The cost of Housing, medical and psychological care will vary greatly depending on the location and condition of the victim. For every equation we don’t know, what we do know is that every life matters and every dollar makes a difference. Whether it takes you 360 minutes to run a marathon, or just 3 minutes to make a donation, you can make a difference to end modern-day slavery.
BE BOLD. COMMIT TO RAISING $1440.
1440 – that’s not only the amount of dollars Love Run’s challenges its runners to raise to fight human trafficking; it’s the number of minutes in every day that a victim is enslaved, and the same number of minutes we are free. Human trafficking is such a complex problem it does not lend itself to easy equations. While most victims face similar challenges, each victim’s rescue and restoration is unique.